Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oh the Days!


Ever have one of those days that just seem to be going amazing? I mean everything goes right from the beginning to the end of your lesson plan? Your students are totally engaged, working hard, and having a blast? Don’t you just love those days?! It’s one of greatest feelings in world when your teaching dance, or any subject matter. Even when I taught in dance studios I reveled in the days that went perfect and I still often reminisce on those moments.

Send your best dance moments to thedancerdaily@gmail.com and your stories will be published on the site!


Great response from one our followers:
     
     "I have been dancing since I was five. I knew instantly dance was for me. I never stopped once I had begun. Going from dance competitions, dance class, anything involving DANCE, I LOVE! But ONE of my best dance experiences was my 12th grade year in high school. I went to a performing arts school so it was different from a regular high school. This was my absolute last show on my high school stage with all the other dancers and my graduating dance class members of only six people. We had been doing shows all week, but our last one was more emotional. I definitely left my heart on that stage, giving it my all. I could feel my leg lifting higher and so much sweat dripping through my costume.I LIVED!
     I loved every moment of it and left the stage with tears in my eyes. Yes I was ready to graduate from high school, but it never hit me how emotional it would be to leave a place I called home. A stage I had been dancing on for four years, thinking back it was as if I had just begun my first performance and was now doing my last. I would never forget that experience, a memorable moment. It was my time to shine and the light did shine. Running backstage every 5 seconds to change into the next costume and taking a sip of water before having to go out again. A lot, but it was all worth it! Having all my family there was also a great way to end my last show. I felt good because I knew I gave all I had. Leaving the teachers who grew with me as a dancer was also heartbreaking. What's dance without feeling? Just wanted to share one of my best experiences. Hope you Enjoy- Joaquinna S."


No comments:

Post a Comment